George Pindar School
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Faculty Leader of Technologies
Salary: Grade C pro rata; 37 hours per week Term Time Only, Actual Salary (£15,115 - £15,726)
‘Serving others, growing together and living life to the full’
Hope Learning Trust’s vision
George Pindar School is an 11-16 community situated in Eastfield in Scarborough, which has just under 700 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
Our staff are our greatest resource and we are proud to be a host school to Teach First, Ambition School Leadership and NPQ providers. Staff who have relocated or who have entered teaching through all routes have stayed with us whilst our support staff have successfully applied for internal promotions and careers in teaching – and for us that is a sign of a school on the up!
On the 1 March 2019 we officially joined the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner Graham School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which sees us working collaboratively sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
We follow good educational practice and tested school improvement strategies which will over the next three years see George Pindar School begin to take its rightful place as a leading school in the area.
With a healthy intake in Year 7 and having completed a restructuring of our teaching and support roles we are recruiting for the key post of Food Technician to join our school.
Are you a University student who has recently graduated or a support colleague looking for a new challenge? We have the perfect position for you if your passion is within Technology.
You will support the smooth running of food technology lessons with thorough preparation, ordering, cleaning and support. This post represents an excellent opportunity to work with a group of professionals who are focused on driving rapid and sustained improvement within a challenging context. Applications are invited from colleagues at all stages of their career.
What we are looking for in our successful Technician:
- An academic qualification, at least to A Level but preferably to Degree level, within the Science remit
- If not an academic qualification, then experience working within a Technology related role would certainly be sufficient
- Practical experience within a school environment would be advantageous
- Good organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join the Technology Faculty at George Pindar School
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the benefit of the children
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
The date of commencement for this post will be as soon as possible in September 2019 and the closing date for all applications is Monday 19 August 2019.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role please contact the Principal Lesley Welsh at email@example.com or contact James Annetts at firstname.lastname@example.org (01609 534939 or 0966261249)
Some planned ICT works may mean that there is a slight delay to our response but we will aim to answer your messages as swiftly as possible.
Application forms can be downloaded from the school website: www.georgepindarschool.org by clicking on the vacancies tab.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com
We are keen for any appointments to be confirmed before the beginning of the new school year. Interviews will therefore take place on Friday 23 August 2019 and shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone and email on Tuesday 20 August.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.