Teacher of Girls PE
George Pindar School
Start date: September 2019
Reporting to: Head of Performance
‘Serving others, growing together and living life to the full’
Hope Learning Trust’s vision
George Pindar School is an 11-16 community situated in Eastfield in Scarborough, which has just under 700 students on roll. Scarborough is easily accessible and whilst many of our current staff are local, many also travel from York, Hull, Driffield and the surrounding areas.
Our staff are our greatest resource and we are proud to be a host school to Teach First, Ambition School Leadership and NPQ providers. Staff who have relocated or who have entered teaching through all routes have stayed with us – and for us that is a sign of a school on the up!
On the 1 March 2019 we officially joined the Hope Learning Trust family of schools along with our fellow coastal partner Graham School. This is a positive step in our school improvement journey which sees us working collaboratively sharing best practice, developing our staff, developing advancements on teaching and learning and ensuring strong outcomes for our students.
We follow good educational practice and tested school improvement strategies which will over the next three years see George Pindar School begin to take its rightful place as a leading school in the area.
We are recruiting for a Teacher of Girls PE specialist to join our school. We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
Overview and career development recruitment incentives:
- An opportunity to join a solid PE team and deliver GCSE PE in a faculty which has seen positive uplifts in 2018.
- Friendly and caring schools where all stakeholders work together for the
- A high level of support from staff and colleagues with the Hope Learning Trust
- Motivated, dedicated staff and a committed, active and supportive Senior Leadership Team
- Improving schools which support pupils to aspire to the very best, with a broad and balanced curriculum offer, collaborative learning and a wide range of extra-curricular activities
- A commitment to professional development and advancement opportunities within a growing MAT
The date of commencement for this post will be 1st September 2019 and the closing date for all applications is 10th June 2019.
We strongly recommend that you visit us so that we can talk with you about the role and you will have a chance to see what we have to offer.
For an informal and confidential conversation about the role, to arrange a visit and for an application pack please contact:
Tel: 01723 582194
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com